Home' People Daily : THE PEOPLE ISSUE 5487 Contents 9
PEOPLE DAILY \ Friday, July 25, 2014
by Wanjohi Githae, Luke
Governors are warning of a
complete shutdown of services
in the counties from next week
unless the Parliament passes
the Revenue Divisional Bill in
the coming six days.
Council of Governors chair-
man Isaac Ruto yesterday said
they will not be able to pay
salaries and finance essential
services like medical care as
the bill holds key to any cash
disbursement to counties.
However, the Senate has ad-
vised county governments to
withdraw funds to run three
essential services from the
County Revenue Fund before
Parliament passes the crucial
by Lynn Mwangi
Administration Police of-
ficers in Laikipia county have
joined Pro-Cathedral ACK
church, Nyahururu Diocese
in holding door-to-door cam-
paigns to sensitise residents
on drug abuse and other
Nyahururu AP comman-
dant Daniel Masaba, who is
leading the crusade, said they
want to use a religious ap-
proach to bring down crime
and alcoholism, saying ar-
resting the culprits has failed
to stem the vices.
“These people are jailed but
are still slipping into their old
habits after their release. We
have used guns and now want
to bring the Bible on board to
see whether our work will be
effective,” he said, adding
that God’s commandments
and the laws of the land are
Nyahururu ACK Diocesan
Bishop Francis Kabora wel-
comed the partnership say-
ing it will reduce crime sig-
Kerrow says de-
lay in passing
will not affect
Senate committee on Finance chairman Billow Kerrow (cen-
tre) with members Boni Khalwale and Beatrice Elachi ad-
dress the press at Parliament Buildings in Nairobi yesterday.
PHOTO: SAMUEL KARIUKI
Laikipia APs, church in
The Division of Revenue Bill
was delayed after Senate and
National Assembly failed to
agree on how the Level Five
hospitals would be funded.
A mediation committee has
however resolved to have
the hospitals funded by the
national government as a
bill. Senate committee on Fi-
nance chairman Billow Kerrow
said the withdrawal is support-
ed by the Public Finance Man-
He allayed fears that the de-
lay in passing the crucial bill
will lead to crisis of funding
since counties cannot pass
their own appropriation bills
before the Senate and the Na-
tional Assembly pass the Divi-
sion of Revenue Bill.
Kerrow, who was with com-
mittee members Beatrice
Elachi and Boni Khalwale, ad-
dressed the press at Parliament
REPUBLIC OF KENYA
MINISTRY OF DEVOLUTION AND PLANNING
Special Groups include Youth, Women and Persons Living with Disability who have duly registered with the National Treasury (Mandatory).
Attach copy of AGPO certificate.
Pre-qualification/Registration Tender Documents, containing detailed Terms and Conditions of tendering, may be obtained from the Procurement Office,
Treasury Building on 7th Floor, Room 713 during working hours, free of charge or Download from the Ministry’s Website, www.devolutionplanning.go.ke
(for pre-qualification) per set of documents, per category.
Youth, Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply pursuant to article 31 of legal notice No 114.
Completed tender documents in sealed envelopes clearly marked with the Tender NO MDP/1/2014-2015, Category NOs and addressed to the address
The Principal Secretary,
Ministry of Devolution and Planning
State Department of Planning
P. O. Box 30005-00100,
Completed Pre-qualification documents in plain sealed envelopes clearly marked with the Tender No., Category Nos. and addressed to the
address above, should be deposited in the Tender Box situated on the 9th Floor, Treasury Building, Harambee Avenue so as to be received on or
before 13th August 2014.
Those firms which were Pre-qualified by the Ministry during the last Financial Year – 2013/2014 and listed in the Pre-qualification list need
not to apply.
Applications will be opened immediately thereafter, at Treasury Building, 10th Floor, Conference Room in the presence of bidders or their
representative, who choose to attend.
Late tenders will be returned unopened.
HEAD, SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
For: PRINCIPAL SECRETARY
PRE-QUALIFICATION OF SUPPLIERS FOR SUPPLY/PROVISION OF
GOODS AND SERVICES FOR FINANCIAL YEAR 2014/2015
TENDER NO. MDP/1/2014-2015
SUPPLY OF GOODS AND SERVICES
The Ministry of Devolution and Planning invites applications for pre-qualification/Registration of suppliers from interested eligible bidders for the supply
of the under listed goods and services for the financial year 2014-2015.
24. Repair and Maintenance of Telephone Equipments, Fax Open
Machines and PABX.
25. Provision of Outside Catering Services.
26. Marking of Ministry’s Movable Items.
27. Repair and Maintenance of Generators, Air conditioning Open
Equipments and Water Pumps/Ministry of Roads and
Public Works Approved Firms.
28. Provision of Commercial Freight Transportation Services. Open
29. Provision of cleaning services.
30. Provision of garbage collection services.
31. Provision of printing services.
32. Provision of Photocopy and Videography.
33. Provision of Labour Contracts.
34. Provision of Repair Services for Motor Vehicles, Motor
Circles, Plant & Equipment.
35. Provision of Repair Services and Maintenance of Office Special Groups
Equipment, Furniture and Machines.
36. Provision of Event Organizing services.
37. Provision of Design and Branding of Promotional
Materials such as T/Shirts, Caps, Banners and Posters.
38. Provision of Car Leasing Services.
39. Provision of Car/Taxi Services.
40. Provision of Courier Services.
41. Provision of Security Services.
42. Provision of Contracts for small Works.
43. Provision of painting works.
CATEGORY C: PRE-QUALIFICATION FOR PROVISION OF
44. Consultancy on Editing/Design, Layout of Ministry’s Policy Open
documents e.g. EPRS, Newsletters.
45. Consultancy on Customer Satisfaction Surveys,
Employee Satisfaction, ISO, Work Environment, Training
Needs Assessment and Training Services,
46. Consultancy on Monitoring and Evaluation/Financial
Management Services and Procurement Services.
47. Consultancy on Technical Capacity Building on Planning Open
and Devolution Functions.
CATEGORY A. PRE-QUALIFICATION FOR SUPPLY AND
DELIVERY OF GOODS
1. Supply of Computers, Laptops, UPS, Printers, Scanners, Open
Software, Accessories and other consumables.
2. Supply of Cleaning Materials, Detergents and Disinfectants, Open
3. Supply of Office Furniture, Fittings and Office Equipments. Open
4. Supply of Motor Vehicle Spare Parts, Tyres, Tubes and
5. Supply of Hardware and Electrical Items.
6. Supply of Staff Uniforms, Foot Wear and CMT Charges. Open
7. Supply of Text books and other Publications.
8. Supply of Electronic and Telecommunication Equipments. Open
9. Supply of Blankets, Tarpaulins and Kitchen sets, Mosquito Open
10. Supply of Fuel, Gas Refilling and Oil products [proof of Open
11. Supply and delivery of flowers.
12. Supply and delivery of newspapers, journals and
13. Supply and delivery of mobile phone air time/Calling
14. Supply and delivery of General office stationery and
common user items.
15. Supply and delivery of General supplies (milk, sugar,
beverages and bottled mineral water).
16. Supply and delivery of Food and Ration.
17. Supply and Delivery of Firewood.
18. Supply and Delivery of Sports Items.
19. Supply and Delivery of Utensils.
20. Supply and Delivery of Farm tools and other Agricultural Special Groups
CATEGORY B:PRE-QUALIFICATION FOR PROVISION OF
21. Provision of Fumigation and Pest Control Services.
22. Provision of Travel and Air Ticketing Services – IATAR Open
23. Hire of Helicopters and Chartered Aircraft.
Links Archive THE PEOPLE ISSUE 5487 (FRIDAY) THE PEOPLE ISSUE 5490 (MONDAY) Navigation Previous Page Next Page